- Summer thunderstorms - there seems to be one almost every day, amazing.
- Tornado warnings and funnel clouds
- Baby geese
- Snow (that I don't have to drive in)
- Living in a house/not sharing walls/having a backyard
- Being able to walk to the library, Michaels, and the market
- Our first grade Sunday school class
- The Denver performing arts center (I'm missing In the Heights! I had tickets already!)
- The Broncos, Nuggets, Avalanche, and the Rockies
- The actual Rockies
- Seasons - Spring seems impossible, but somehow it happens
Things I will definitely not miss:
- Traffic on I25
- Everyone wearing the same Northface jacket
- Driving in 8" of snow, shoveling my car out of the driveway
And finally, to end on a happy note,
Things I am so looking forward to:
- The beach!
- Family and friends
- TRADER JOES!!
- Swing dancing
- Painting full time
- Being able to wear contacts again - dry climate is not my friend
- Beach hair
- State Street Parades
We leave next week, we've had just over 2 weeks to get prepared, crazy! And we'll be living out of suitcases in temp housing until we find our own apartment or condo. I'll also be setting up a temporary studio so I can keep up my daily paintings through all this craziness. And if anyone has tips for traveling with a cat in the car please let me know! Because this guy is not going to be to happy about that part.