We recently found out that my husband is being transferred back to California, which should make me unbelievably happy, since that's where all my family is and where most of my friends live. I should be even more thrilled because Zach's being transferred to Carpinteria (the cutest little beach town you'll ever see, right by Santa Barbara) and not to Bakersfield. But apparently Denver really grew on me in the two years I've been here. I'm still excited about living in Carp again, but there are some things that I'm really going to miss about Colorado.
Things I will miss:
- Summer thunderstorms - there seems to be one almost every day, amazing.
- Tornado warnings and funnel clouds
- Baby geese
- Snow (that I don't have to drive in)
- Living in a house/not sharing walls/having a backyard
- Being able to walk to the library, Michaels, and the market
- Our first grade Sunday school class
- The Denver performing arts center (I'm missing In the Heights! I had tickets already!)
- The Broncos, Nuggets, Avalanche, and the Rockies
- The actual Rockies
- Seasons - Spring seems impossible, but somehow it happens
Things I will definitely not miss:
- Traffic on I25
- Everyone wearing the same Northface jacket
- Driving in 8" of snow, shoveling my car out of the driveway
And finally, to end on a happy note,
Things I am so looking forward to:
- The beach!
- Family and friends
- TRADER JOES!!
- Swing dancing
- Painting full time
- Being able to wear contacts again - dry climate is not my friend
- Beach hair
- State Street Parades
We leave next week, we've had just over 2 weeks to get prepared, crazy! And we'll be living out of suitcases in temp housing until we find our own apartment or condo. I'll also be setting up a temporary studio so I can keep up my daily paintings through all this craziness. And if anyone has tips for traveling with a cat in the car please let me know! Because this guy is not going to be to happy about that part.